Why you need
today's ultra-competitive writing and publishing market, you
need every advantage you can get. That's where our inspiring
collection of writing ideas can help you.
of the 35 books in the ideas4writers collection is packed with
versatile ideas, expert tips, and easy-to-implement practical
soon be writing brilliant books, amazing articles, and standout
stories that will have readers, editors and publishers longing
ARTICLES collection includes:
- Amateurs versus professionals
- Playing with angles
- Using other people's work so you don't have to work so hard
(legal and ethical!)
- Easy ways to get cheap/free illustrations and photos
- The best beginnings and endings
- Writing big-draw articles and cover features
- Other writing techniques you can (and should) borrow
- Maintaining your word-count without having to write so much
- Easy ways to find celebrities
- Easy ways to get celebrities to agree to give interviews
(even the notoriously difficult ones)
- Save yourself a heap of work by writing a cyclical column
- How to give your articles more depth than everyone else's
- Why staff changes are good news - and how to exploit them
- How to expand the market for your work and earn a fortune
- Simple article formats that always work
- How to get editors to accept every article you submit
- How to make boring subjects sound exciting
- How to get magazines for free
- How to turn old articles into new ones
- How to get your articles accepted even if the magazine doesn't
accept unsolicited manuscripts
- Fun and easy ways to conduct surveys
- The most popular article topics
- Sneaky tips to save money and guarantee success
- And much more - far too many great ideas to list here!
a more inspired, more productive and more successful writer
with the ideas4writers ideas collection.
Excerpt 1: Your
first pay cheque.
If you haven't had any articles published yet,
here's a useful piece of advice for when you
do: spend your first payment on your family and friends. Take them on holiday,
new bikes, or just buy them lunch.
Now that they can see there's money to be made from writing
career more seriously. If you need quiet time for writing, you’ll get
it. If you need
someone to run around and do some research, or collect things, or post things,
delighted to help. After all, you're a real writer now - and in
many people’s eyes that
makes you a celebrity!
Excerpt 2: Why, and
what are the benefits?
Whenever you come across something interesting,
ask yourself the following two
questions: Why? and What are the benefits? This often leads
to a new angle on the
subject, which you can use as the basis for your article.
• Scientists are
trying to clone humans. Why? What are the benefits?
• Scientists want to record our dreams. Why? What are the benefits?
• North Korea wants to enter the space race. Why? What are the
There are hundreds of
other examples all around you right now, in books, newspapers,
magazines, TV, radio, online, and so on. These two questions
will take you straight to the
heart of the matter. Or the truth of it - and the
truth might not be what everyone thinks it
is. Your readers might not have considered the real reasons
and implications . . . until they
read your article.
Buy the complete Volume 5 (Non-Fiction,
Poetry and Children)
6 books in 1
Articles, Non-Fiction Books, Poetry, Teens/Young Adult, Travel
Writing, Writing for Children
935 very clever
ideas, 454 pages
If the books you buy from us aren't right for you, tell us within
60 days. We'll refund your payment within 24 hours - and you
can keep the books!